The Friends of the Center of Families is a group of volunteers committed to raising awareness and funds for the Center of Families in Cambridge.We are parents and childcare providers/educators who have benefited greatly from the services the Center for Families offers. Formed in 2009 to help cover the funding shortfall due to the bad economy, we were incorporated as a 501 (c) non-profit in 2012.
Since then through the local community's generosity and a variety of different fundraisers we have funded a number of different projects for the Center and helped them increase their services and expand their outreach.
The Center for Families is a free program for families in Cambridge, MA with children ages birth-8. Programs include:
- Babytime Infant Playgroup (drop-in)
- Baby Massage/Nurturing Touch & Infant Development Series
- Community & Drop-in Playgroups
- Parenting Education Programs and Workshops
- Mothers’ Discussion & Craft Activity Groups
- Fatherhood Program/Programs just for Dads
- Family Events
- Parent/Child Exploration Group
- Information and Referrals to Community Services